Howdy all! Yes it’s time to interview another amazing travel blogger! This time it’s Canadian Anita who has been to an incredible 109 countries! Enjoy!
- Hi Anita! Thanks for agreeing to do this interview. Would you mind starting by telling us who you are and where you’re from, and of course the name of your blog? What do you do when you’re not blogging (doesn’t have to be work, could be hobbies or interests etc) Where are you based at the moment?
I am Anita S. from Nova Scotia ..
The name of my Blog is 100CountryTrek.com
- When did you start your blog and why did you decide to start a travel blog?
Years ago I was one of the main contributors of travel on Virtual Tourist, and it is now gone. So I decided to start my blog a couple of years ago giving info on countries and places where I have been.
- Your blog seems to have an emphasis on photography. What got you into photography and what do you like to photograph most?
Photography records memories of travel. I have taken several photography courses.
What do you like to write about and why?
I write about places we have been and as we are in lockdown, I visit places in our area. Also I am a Master Gardener so for me taking photos of plants is a backup.
- What have been some of your favourite destinations?
Collecting Countries is my favourite. I love them all.
Who do you see as the audience for your blog?
Travelers, photographers and gardeners.
- What advice would give to someone just starting out blogging?
I think it would be whatever fits their fancy. They should write about what they are interested in…cooking, photography ,travel, writing, gardening etc.
What is the hardest thing about running a travel blog?
I don’t see anything hard.
- We’ve survived a nearly a year now of Covid-19. How do you see 2021 shaping up?
I’m thinking on a positive note ..we will get through this.
- How do you think travel will change due to the pandemic?
Well ..airlines will overcharge to get back in business and hotels.
- What place would you really like to visit and why (that you haven’t visited yet)?
We have been to 109 different countries…on our list is Romania, Pakistan, North Korea..and more
- Finally, how can people find you on the net and social media?
blog address 100countrytrek.com
facebook- 100Country Trek
- Finally (again!) what are you hoping or dreaming for in 2021?
To get back in air again soon.
A MASSIVE thanks to Anita for today’s interview. Please do check out her amazing blog! Her photos are simply brilliant! Something new heading to this space next Sunday – so stay tuned! Thanks and May the Journey Never End!