Today I interview Allane from Packing My Suitcase, another wonderful blog. I hope you enjoy the interview!
Hey guys, I’m Allane from Packing my Suitcase. On my blog I write about my travels, diving, Formula 1, traveling with a dog, share practical tips, and about my life as an expat in Germany.
- What made you decide to start a blog?
I was working with PR and had the idea after meeting other bloggers while working on that field. It seemed a great idea to combine my passion for writing and traveling in one place, and I think it was definitely a good decision!
- What have your favourite experiences been away from home/the place where you were born?
Diving! My diving trips are always remarkable and intense. But I have some favorite places where I had amazing experiences: Maldives, Croatia, Greece and Sweden.
- When you write your blog, who are you writing for?
For people who are looking for tips to make their lives easier and to discover things they didn’t know about. I like to help my readers, that being with packing issues, itineraries, tips on where to eat to tips on living in Germany.
- What advice would you give for anyone wanting to start their own travel blog?
You will need patience and dedication (lots of it), but it’s completely worth it. Also, always try to learn how you can improve your blog, open your mind to new ideas!
- What do you enjoy writing about most on your blog?
About a new place I visit. It’s always exciting to report back about a new place to my readers.
- What’s the hardest thing about running a blog?
You are the boss, the intern, the employee, and everyone else in the company. That means, you have to do everything yourself, and it’s a lot. Of course, you get help on the way, here and there, but you are the one running the blog entirely. I love that, but it also means that there will be days, which you will find it hard to keep up with everything.
- Please recommend three blog posts you’d like readers of this to read!
Diving in Marsa Alam: http://www.packingmysuitcase.com/2014/11/17/diving-in-marsa-alam/
Free things to do in Munich: http://www.packingmysuitcase.com/2015/06/16/free-things-to-do-in-munich/
20 traditional things you must do in Brazil: http://www.packingmysuitcase.com/2015/08/12/20-traditional-things-you-must-do-in-brazil/
- How can people find your blog and find you on social media?
A big thank you to Allane! Make sure you check out her blog! May the Journey Never End.