Versatile Blogger Award Nomination!
So – I have been nominated for another blogger award. Which of course is great news, and very kind. I have been nominated for the versatile blogger award. What’s that you ask? (and I quote) The Versatile Blogger Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who they consider to have good quality writing, good photography, and unique posts.
So, you know, I’m not sure that really describes me! But I am very humbled to have been nominated. The interesting thing with these awards is that you then have to turn them into a blog post, which means a bit of work! But that’s okay by me. Here are the rules of the award –
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers who you think deserve the award
So firstly, a HUGE thankyou to Ayla who nominated. She has her own amazing travel blog that you should definitely check out. Here is a link to her blog –
Now, for seven random facts about myself.
- I am allergic to peanuts. This sometimes causes me consternation when travelling and a bit of stress when out at restaurants if I think there’s a chance I’ve eaten something with peanuts. For example, 2002 in Bangladesh I nearly died and had to have my epi-pen (which I never leave home without) administered. It was a terrifying experience not just for myself but for those with me (I was on a uni trip at the time)
- Despite loving travelling, flying makes me extremely nervous. I am pretty stressed before a flight and I hate take-off. Once we’re up and about I tend to calm down and I actually enjoy landing, ironically because it’s the most dangerous part of a flight. When I first started solo-travelling, I didn’t have an issue and loved every part of flying, so strangely it’s something that developed over time.
- I am fully able to accept that my ipod is full of what most people would class as ‘bad music’. Yep, I like crappy pop and Eurovision, not to mention I have a few Bollywood tracks thrown in there as well. Take THAT taste!
- I planned most of my wedding, which was held in Australia in advance whilst living in Georgia.
- I was a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine when there were just the books (ok, and I wasn’t yet ten). No TV series, no merchandise, just the little books. It’s sad how fame has gone to Thomas’s head. Now I love rail travel above all other forms of transport.
6. I had a Nokia 3210 for over 10 years until I moved to Japan in 2012 as my only ever mobile. I used to cop it from everyone including family asking when I was going to get a real phone. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy. Meh, it’s ok I guess.
7. I got to a point at the end of my first visit to India in 1999 where I HATED the place. My last 48 hours there were in Delhi wjere it was over 40 degrees, there was an earthquake, I got scammed by a rickshaw wallah who took me to a crappy, over priced hotel where there was a red neon light on the other side of the window (colouring my room bright red all through the night), and on the way to the airport my taxi was involved in an accident. I vowed never to return to India. Well, I was back there the next year and now it’s the one place I believe everyone should visit in their lifetime. Travel’s like that!
And now, I have to nominate 15 bloggers for this award. Look, there are so many awesome travel bloggers out there, and these awards having been doing the rounds for a long time now, that many of these bloggers have probably already received the award. Nevertheless, they are awesome and very much worth reading and hopefully you’ll check them out! 15 is a huge number, but it was surprisingly easy to think of 15 blogs to nominate!
So, tomorrow we return to normal service, and to the rails! And then Friday I am pleased to announce that the podcast is returning with episode 8, where I chat with actor, comedian and Doctor Who fan Robert Lloyd about his experiences at last year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival! So, it promises to be and exciting end to the week! Thanks for reading as always, may the journey never end!